WE THE PEOPLE…
Due to the irresponsibility and betrayal of US big business and the civic leaders elected by the people but controlled by corporations, by virtue of the divested wealth that has been wrenched from the hands of the many, to the benefit of the coffers of the few; hereby submit this declaration of Constitutional reforms and redirection so that American society can once again be, by the people and for the people.
1) THE HEALTHCARE AND RETIREMENT AMENDMENT. A constitutional amendment guaranteeing every registered citizen lifelong health, dental and vision care to be paid out of a single payer government run health program. This should include incentives to fuel the system with the needed personnel, by way of re-education, via the Higher Education Act. Social Security should be strengthened and audited to become solvent and no longer be considered an entitlement, but a benefit for our participation in this republic. You pay into it, you receive it.
2) AMENDMENT TO ARTICLE II, SECTION 1, CLAUSE 2. Abolition of the Electoral College . All Presidents are elected by the popular vote. For Senate representatives, HOR, State & local elections: Eliminate gerrymandering, new lines should be drawn by computer algorithm, and then reviewed for mathematical accuracy along square mile division, by a lottery of individuals from the respective state.
3) THE FREE MARRIAGE AMENDMENT. Prohibiting the use of specific combinations of Gender (of the applicants) as a qualification for marriage. (A constitutional amendment allowing Gay marriage)
4) THE MADE IN AMERICA AMENDMENT. US Corporations must have 51% of it’s workforce in the US or it territories to be considered a US corporation and to sell it’s goods in America. Corporations must sign the “No sweatshops pledge”, with a tax punishment on profits for violations.
5) THE CENTRAL BANK AMENDMENT. Federal reserve and the IRS must become Federal organizations underneath the office of the Treasury, whose leadership will continue to be appointed by the Executive Branch and confirmed by Congress. FULLY RE-ENACT the Glass-Steagall Act of 1933.
6) THE CLEAN CAMPAIGN AMENDMENT. An end to corporate campaign contributions and lobbying for ALL elected officials, allowing only personal contributions capped at $1500.00
7) AMENDMENT TO ARTICLE 1, SECTION 3, CLAUSE 1 & ARTICLE 1, SECTION 2, CLAUSE 1 OF THE US CONSTITUTION. All US Senate and HOR seats are limited to two, 4 year terms. (8 years of service allowed total, per individual)
8) THE HIGHER EDUCATION AMENDMENT. All state run college tuition is free and will be paid from a payroll tax. High Schools are required to reinstate arts, physical ed science and technical programs. Federal Funding must be equal for all schools, removing attendance mandates for funding. Swap out textbooks for e-readers. Work with Private companies to funnel students into technical and scientific fields of the future. Form a committee to oversee and predict the future trends of the workforce in an ever rapidly changing global marketplace.
9) THE ONE PLANET AMENDMENT. Requiring all US businesses to become green and sustainable. Placing the welfare of the planet over profit. Rules governing the amendment will be controlled by THE GREEN PLANET ACT & COMMITTEE, A science based committee under the EPA governed by a body of 9 scientist and 5 senators and 3 representatives from the business community that will determine the guidelines for a healthy ecology while preserving economy.
10) THE ELLIS ISLAND ACT. Streamline the road to citizenship. Empower immigration to create a protocol to shorten the path to citizenship and green cards/visas to work in the US. Lift the embargo on Cuba.
(YOU WANTED DEMANDS… NOW YOU”VE GOT THEM!)